Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I'm guessing the malls will be filled today with fast-zombies as opposed to their slow moving, Romero-inspired cousins.

You won't catch me anywhere near a mall today, let alone being out on the roads. If and when I have to shop I'll be doing it from the comfort of my computer.

I recall going to the mall two years ago at Christmas time during the depths of the recession, and it really was as if we had a zombie apocalypse: the mall was deserted. It was actually a pleasure to go shopping then because you didn't have the crush of people all around you. Now, not so much.

Still, I'm able to scoop up some leftover Halloween items here and there that stores are practically paying me to take off their hands. Well, up till Wednesday. From today until December, the mall is a no-go zone for me. Y'all can deal with the feeding frenzy of the undead.

In the spirit of the season though, why not consider purchasing a gift from one of your fellow haunters. Items from the Etsy shops of ShellHawk, Stolloween, or Darkside Creations would make a wonderful Christmas present -- and you needn't go to the mall!

(btw, I have no financial interest in these three; I just appreciate their work and their blogs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */