Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One Man's Trash

I guess you'd have to be a haunter to appreciate foam packing. I recently got a bookcase from Ikea and when I opened the box there was a sheet of foam inside about 18"x24" or so. As soon as I saw it I said, "Oh, cool! A tombstone!" Odd looks from the people in the room immediately ensued.

Now it is the cheap and flimsy white, beaded foam but this can be used to make a tombstone all by itself or, as I plan to do, glue it to a thicker piece of blue or pink foam to bulk up that one. In the past when I got a 7-foot piece of foam from a screen door box, I cut it into thirds and glued them together to make a single, thick(er) tombstone. This new piece will end up in a similar supporting roll. Unfortunately that was the only one inside.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */